Monday, October 7, 2013

Sea Forager Coastal Update Oct 2013



Ok. Here we go. Bizzy bizzy.  Holy Neptune, Sea Forager Seafood is growing faster than a market squid on steroids.

BTW:  I'd like to announce a new pick-up location in the East Bay for Sea Forager Seafood!  American Steel Warehouse at 1960 Mandela Pkwy, 94607, enter on 20th.

Anyhoo, here's the latest press:


Lots of challenges coming up after this month, though. Like for instance, what sustainable seafood can I possibly provide after salmon and everything else closes in two weeks? Hmmmm. I will have to dig deep (or drive far) to keep this going, but I'm actually looking forward to this challenge. And if a sustainable, hook and line halibut from Alaska makes it into the package every now and again, I can live with that--hopefully you can too!



October Party!

The fishwife and I will be doing one of our fishy events on Wed., Oct 16th at The Orbit Room.  I will be showing a movie about local fishermen and the fish they pursue, singing songs with The Fishwives, and doing a reading from my favorite seafood writer: Joseph Mitchell.

I will also have a local fisherman or two present to answer your questions, or drink the beers that you buy them (just stating it like it is).

This event will start at 6:00 pm, and end promptly at 8:00. If you come late you will miss out on the music and the pupus—so please don't be late!



Tours

I am doing a rare weekend Mega Low Tidetour in HMB on Nov 3rd If you've been waiting for me to do this on a weekend, this is it! I will not do another weekend tour this year, or maybe even ever.
I don't like to add to the weekend masses out there so I don't typically do weekends in HMB. There's
another Mega tour on Mon Nov 4th (see link above) but it's sure to sell out too, so get your tickets now. Half price for members of Sea Forager Seafood... if you're a member and don't know the password, e-mail me.

Also, I've got an Inner City Crab/Eel tour on the 12th and on various other dates through Nov 9th.  Again it's discounted for members.  E-mail me for the password.



____________________________________________________


Return to top and hit "next" arrow for the rest of this update (which includes halibut, ling cod, and more).


No comments:

Post a Comment